Feature Friday Member of the Week Beth Fisher


Where do I begin....I started working out for the first time in my life after my daughter was born in 1997. I was very happy with how weight training transformed my body. I wouldn't say that I ate clean, but I was conscious of eating healthy and I was younger. Well, 3 1/2 years ago I had open heart surgery for an aortic aneurysm. After that surgery, I didn't work out consistently like I had in the past. Since then, I've been in and out of the gym because of some other health issues that I can't control. But after being told I couldn't work out a year and a half ago, I realized that I needed to change the way I ate if I didn't want to grow by a few pounds each year. That's when I ran across Vicki on Facebook. Vicki sent me a nutrition plan that I followed to a "T" for 12 weeks!!! I was shocked at how, after just one week, my body "de-fluffed!" That is what drove me to continue to follow her nutrition advice. Also, I had never felt as good as I did when I was eating clean. I had more energy, wàsnt getting sick and more importantly wasn't struggling with my own self mentally about my body!! That was a freeing feeling!!!! But once I got the ok from the doctor to workout again, I thought that gave me the go ahead to eat some of those foods that I had quit eating since I was working out again and was happy with my weight at the time. Well, that mindset allowed me to slip back into old bad eating habits and slowly start gaining some weight back. I started to get fluffy again!!! Then once again my health put my workouts on hold. Mentally I knew what I needed to do, but I was sooooo frustrated that yet another health issue popped up, I gave up mentally and yet again started eating and drinking what I wanted cause I thought that made me happy since I wasn't happy about my health issues!!! Well that led me to today. Just after Christmas, I put on a pair of jeans that I could barely button. That got my attention!!!!! Now that I have no restrictions from a doctor, I have decided that I am tired of this yo yo feeling because I Always end up unhappy about my situation. So I have control of my mindset....this is HUGE!!!! I also have the nutritional knowledge from Vicki and the drive to take care of my body!!! And if any other health issue pops up, I'm going to remember that nothing good ever comes out of giving up on being healthy. It justs makes the entire situation worse and I end right back to that frustrated state of mind!!!! To keep myself on track, I have an accountability gym friend, I plan my meals ahead of time and I take pics of my progress. When I look at my pics, I get so motivated to see where I can take myself!!! I pray that Vicki knows how much of an impact she has had on my life and will continue to help others. Because the bottom line is that there is no magic pill or powder to help a person Maintain healthy eating habits. You need to empower yourself with knowledge about nutrition (that's what Vicki did for me), take control of your mindset and stuck with it!!!
Another thought.....when ever I got off track I'd feel defeated and just go back to eating yucky. Now I'm going to just get back on that horse and not give up if I have stray. It's stupid to think that if u get off track u might as well keep going....so much of this journey is getting a hold of my head and thoughts! The brain is a powerful thing!!!!! I just keep reminding myself how good I feel right now!!!!! No mental baggage about my body!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment