FEATURE FRIDAY MEMBER : SUSIE BOUCHELLE KANE



Writing about my fitness journey is always emotional for me, and not always easy to put into words. It is about so much more than a look or working out for me. Weighing in at 210 lbs at 14 and a size 18 pants, I didn't get off to the best start. I lost about 60 lbs after that and lived my teenage years thinner but never feeling like "the other girls". I wasn't athletic for sure.... Life goes on, I met my husband and we had a baby. 90 lbs of baby weight later and weighing 237 lbs, I knew something seriously needed to happen. It took several years but finally got down to a comfortable size and weight. I think I was about 28 and I went to a gym.... That's what healthy people are supposed to do, right? Who knew it'd be the start of something great!!! I was really good at it!!! I didn't make dietary changes at first, but started noticing huge changes in my look!! As time went on, I continued to progress. Never in a million years did I ever think that this fat kid who wasn't at all confident (even as an adult) could do so much!!! About 8 half marathons, 2 full marathons, and 4 triathlons later it hit me!! I can really do this stuff, which means that anyone can!!

In the last few years my world was turned upside down.... My marriage fell apart, I gained about 20 lbs, and my body was exhausted. My only distraction became my focus on food and fitness. I started seeing an incredible nutritionist, Dave Pulcinella. Even working with him, my mindset wasn't right. I failed miserably.... 2 more years go by, then things started to change!! I realized very recently that food and exercise are the only things that I could control the outcome of when everything else around me was crumbling. It was very empowering for me when I seemed powerless over anything else around me.

 I started seeing Dave again back in October 2011. He's been pivotal in changing my mindset about food and exercise, and I now realize that the possibilities are endless and up to me. Fitness and food issues are a huge long journey for people like me and many others. It's taken so many years to figure out how to work through it, but by the grace of God I think I'm well on my way. It is still a struggle at times, but I'm quick to recognize a weak moment and take charge of it before it gets me. My goals now are to train hard, eat well, inspire others who think they "can't", and always believe in myself. I can, and will do things I never imagined possible. The key is surrounding yourself with like minded positive people. I'm so lucky to have a few of those in my life that inspire me daily. Always push forward and never give up.


To connect with Susie Join Team Fit www.facebook.com/groups/royersteamfit/


Try Quest Protein Bars!

No comments:

Post a Comment