FEATURE FRIDAY MEMBEROF THE WEEK WENDY MOORE

First of all - Thank you Vicki for selecting me for the Feature Friday Member!
Hi Team Fit! Just a little about myself. I am 41 years old and live
in Wernersville PA. I'm married to my soul mate and best friend Gary
for over 12 years, no children. For the past 6 1/2 years, I have
worked for a telecommunications company managing the recruitment
function for a very large area of PA. My job keeps me extremely busy
but I always make the time to ensure I get my workouts in and have
quality time at home with the hubby!

I’m an early bird and love waking up early to get my daily workout in.
I'm up each day by 3:45am and head to the gym when it opens. Working
out for me is not a chore; I'm very passionate about my training and
love hitting the weight room. I have not always been an athletic
person. In high school, I played field hockey for several years but
never really took exercise seriously. It was not until I met Gary that
I actually found a passion for fitness. I know you will find this very
hard to believe, I was the couch potato and he was the fitness nut!!
That all changed once I got a taste of weight lifting and what it did
to transform my body. Fast forward a few years later, I was still
working out but not really being conscious of my meals and my love of
wine along with the amount of calories I was consuming. Next thing I
knew, I gained almost 20lbs taking my weight to the high 130's which
at 5ft 1in is not too flattering. I needed to focus and get into a
healthier lifestyle. Obesity runs on both sides of my family and
frankly that was enough to scare me half to death. I came across Tosca
Reno's Clean Eating books and have not turned back since. I focused
on getting back into the gym 5-6 days a week and eating a much cleaner
diet. I saw immediate results with my training and there was no
turning back. The training in combination with clean eating really
helped me fine tune my body. I was not always totally focused on
weight training. I fell in love with running and ran a few half
marathons in 2009 and 2010. I became injured the latter part of 2010
being diagnosed with not one but two pelvic stress fractures. I was
devastated at being told I could not run for at least 6 months until I
was fully healed. What would I do??? I needed a goal to focus on. One
of the trainers at my gym approached me after the New Year and thought
I should try a figure competition. Not having any knowledge of the
sport other than seeing pictures in Oxygen and Muscle and Fitness
Hers, I decided to give it some careful thought. I made my decision
along with my husband’s full support that I would give this a shot.
My training began in February 2011 in preparation for a May 7th show
in Richmond Virginia. Little did I know at the time, I met Vicki Royer
on the elevator of the hotel I was staying at in Richmond, as Ben was
also competing in the same show! Small world! I placed 5th in the
Figure Novice Short class. I moved on to do a 2nd show in Sacramento
California. I did not place in this show however it was a great
learning experience for me. I was able to meet and connect with so
many wonderful women and able to receive great feedback from the
judges. I do not have any plans to compete in the near future. I loved
the training aspect but not so much the stage stuff, tanning and the
mindset I fell into after competing. I have nothing negative to say
about competing. I'm happy I did it and can cross it off the bucket
list!

I have already set some fitness and personal goals for myself this
year. My workouts are more dedicated to adding some size and muscle to
this runner body of mine- it’s been a challenge but I'm finally seeing
some nice results. There really isn't a body part that I do not enjoy
training. However, for those of you that see my daily posts, you know
how much I love to train legs!

My true passion lies in healthy cooking and would love to eventually
publish an e-cookbook. I enjoy brainstorming and coming up with new
healthy recipes. Spending hours in the kitchen is a pure joy for me.
I've been entertaining the idea of possibly starting up a small side
business dedicated specifically to helping cook for busy families that
are focused on eating healthy- food for thought!!
Thanks for letting me share my story. One last thought and one of my
favorite quotes: "Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a
wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go
through it or work around it."- Michael Jordan.


Connect with Wendy in Team Fit www.facebook.com/groups/royersteamfit/

No comments:

Post a Comment