Vicki Royer Before & After

 
Posted by Picasa
I have come so far from where I started I met Ben in 1992 we were 16 and back then he was already competing in bodybuilding. I have learned so much over the years watching him get ready for shows etc. I always wanted to get in really good shape back then but I wasn't committed to it.
Years went by I always worked out and ate ok but was never very consistent when it came to the training or the nutrition so I never really got anywhere.
In November of 2004 we went to watch a bodybuilding show and I was blown away by the figure girls! That's what motivated me to want to compete in my first show. I set my goal for a show that April I worked really hard and make alot of progress in 5 months I went from 144lbs and competed at 123lbs. I was so proud of myself for finally sticking to my goal,it was such a rewarding feeling. I placed 4th out of 8 girls and I was thrilled not about the placing but about accomplishing my goal :)
Even after that show I struggled with my weight I would stick around 140 and I finally had enough..
In 2007 Ben was getting ready for a show I decided to do the contest prep right along with him my goal was to get to 120 so i worked really hard ate super clean and when the show came around I was 119.5 a half a pound under my goal :)


After that show both Ben and I stuck to clean eating 24/7 we realised how much better we felt all around. I have maintained my weight since 2007 and have learned so much I competed again in 2009 at the Yorton Cup a National show and placed 3rd out of 9 girls in the Open Tall class weighed in at 117lbs. I worked so very hard and came so far from my first show it was amazing! I have never been so proud of myself. Hard work does pay off and it is so rewarding for your soul when you give it all you've got!
This has been a long journey but I learned how strong I am, I learned I can do anything! I have committed to a healthy lifestyle and I'm loving the results I have never felt better!

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog,,,Thank you for sharing your Journey with us.

    ReplyDelete