Pride

Have pride in everything you do...even the little things. When you put 100% effort into everything you do you will have a feeling of pride knowing you gave it your all. When you commit to complete a goal and finish it through it also is a huge mood booster, the more goals you complete the more positive and confident you will feel. I always watched my husband set goals and accomplish them and it made me want to also work hard and have that self pride as well. Once I committed to my first figure show I learned first hand what completing a goal was really all about. I for years would set goals and eventually slack off or miss training days etc. and made the typical excuses to make it ok. But after a few years of that I was tired of the setbacks in my results and decided to commit to 5 months of contest prep. I committed to the process and not to slack to see if I could do it once and for all and I did! It was an amazing feeling stepping on stage for the very first time not only because I completed my goal but also for all the things I learned about myself in those 5 months. I learned I was stronger then I could have ever imagined, it was so empowering .... I put in the work and stuck it out :) That was 2005 the main point of my first show was to get over being insecure and what better way to get over that then put on 5"heels in a swim suit lol! and also to stick to & complete my goal. I went from 145lbs-123lbs that's the weight I competed at I still had work to do but I did the best in that 5 months I could so i was happy I placed 4th out of 8 girls it was great. That was April of 2005 and after the show I kind of went back to having Friday night pizza etc. I ate pretty decent but my weight went back up to about 140 which wasn't where I wanted to be. I was treating myself to nacho chips on the weekends for doing good all week with my nutrition and basically this was the one thing the only thing that was screwing me ..So it was time for a change! Some people enjoy cheat meals etc. for me I decided I was done these things here and there were not worth it for me I was sick of having pizza and foods that 20 minutes later made me feel hungry that left me feeling bloated and gross. From then on I was going to eat with a purpose. Food was now fuel for my body I was going to make the changes I needed to get the results I wanted and Abs nice Abs were part of that picture! I gave up all foods that left me feeling unsatisfied which included pasta,rice potatoes and switched to getting my carbs through veggies and fruit. I ate higher protein & good fats this is when everything changed for me this is when i got control of my life! I can't believe how easy it actually is I look back at all the years food controlled me and now I'm the one in control. I learned what works for me and i think that's the key ..you have to do what works best for you and what you'll be able to maintain forever not just for a month. I didn't start out dieting I just cleaned up my plan and made healthy tweaks to my food choices. My husband and I are always coming up with new recipes and love eating clean. The longer I was off the processed foods like pizza,chips,cake etc. the less i wanted them until eventually I didn't want them at all. Alot had to do with my mindset as well I made up my mind i didn't want these foods I think that's a huge part rather then saying I can't have them. After making these changes from 2005 after my show  I finally got where I wanted to be I got to 119lbs.and got those Abs I wanted so bad! I competed again in November of 2009 and placed 3rd out of 8 competing at 117lbs.at the OCB Yorton Nationals wow I was beyond proud of myself! For me it has been a journey with alot of bumps in the road but those bumps helped me learn so much...I wouldn't have wanted it to be easy it proved to me I could do anything if I set my mind to it. I have come so far from that insecure girl who was affraid to walk out on that stage back in 2005 and I am so excited to keep improving and working on me both inside and out. Life is all about what you make it! You can do anything if you just believe you can. Surround yourself with positive people and just do your best and have pride in yourself and you'll go far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment